Once again Amazon has had to take measures surrounding electronic products sold on its site. After videos of hoverboards catching fire began surfacing online Amazon stopped selling them in its online store. They later refunded the purchases of hoverboards as well.
This time Amazon's own products are in trouble. Fortunately they are not catching fire, they might however give the user an electric shock.
Product Aimed for Kids
More troubling is the fact that one of the affected products is aimed for Kids. Owners of Amazon's 7-inch Fire tablet and 7-inch Fire Kids Edition tablet now need new power adapters.
- Please discontinue use of your original adapter. Until you receive a replacement adapter, you can use the included USB cable connected to a computer or another compatible adapter to charge your tablet, said Amazon in a statement.
The company also states that it is only "in rare cases" that the power adapter might break and cause an electric shock.
UK and Ireland
Kindle tablets that might shock you have only been sold on Amazon since september 2015 and affected markets are the UK and Ireland.
Customers may order a new power adapter for free or be credited £12 to their Amazon account. Whichever option they select Amazon will send a pre-paid return envelope so that the original power adapter can be returned.
Amazon is not the first big company recalling bad power adapters this year. Both Microsoft and Apple have issued similar recalls for risk of fire or overheating.